TV stand unit is now not just used for TV but as a stand to showcase your photo frames, sculptures or antiques. These should be choose with keeping in mind the color and design of your existing furniture, as they usually become the center of attraction of living room.
- Dimensions – in case of TV stand for 40 inch flat screen TV, LED or plasma, you won’t need a stand with great depth as in case of CRT TV. Flat screens usually can be easily accommodated and not take up much space.
- Storage – if your plan with TV stand is more than just for using TV than you need to keep storage in mind. Racks or shelves can come as handy for storage of CDs and DVDs in modern and sleek manner.
- Height – when taking TV stand it should always be remembered. With TV as big as 40 inch height of the TV unit should be such that it does not strain of neck muscle. Remember the thumb rule- which says our sight line should be in level with the lower of your television. You can choose high stands in case you have high sitting arrangements in your house (high chairs or sofas)
- Show off or not? – It’s up to you to show your TV or not. In case you are not a fan of show-off you can opt for TV stands that come with doors. This will help to keep it closed when not required. Customize it in way that matches and is in harmony with other decorations in the house.
- Corner arrangements – in case you don’t want your TV in the center or use your favorite corner opt for corner TV stands. This way you can highlight other décor of your house.
- Material – be clear as to what material you require for your stand to be. If you have traditional décor home opt for traditional ones. These come with wide variety in wooden ones and other. Miniature craving look lot more esthetic than you think and royal feel as well. In case of modern décor, choose sleek metal for TV stand for 40 inch flat screen. These add extra tidiness and modern appeal to the house.